Mom Guilt

Who doesn't have it, right? (and if you don't, I don't want to hear it)

I feel guilty for so many things on a daily basis. And I can't tell you how many times I think to myself, "I'm a bad mom." But the more I think about it, the more I realize, I'm not and Jesus wouldn't want me talking to myself like that.

Now, can I strive to be a better mom? Of course. Does that mean I need to throw myself under the bus and use negative self-talk in the process. No! So I'm throwing out negative self-talk in regards to my abilities as a mom.

Things I've got to realize:
There will always be moms who have it "more together" than me
There will always be moms who are more fashionable than me (I can hear Auntie Rosita snickering)
There will always be moms more craftier than me
There will always be moms who clean better than me
There will always be moms who are better teachers than me
There will always be moms more motivated than me
There will always be moms who cook better than me
There will always be moms who sing, play and dance better than me

But I can tell you one thing:

There will never be a mom who loves my child more than me. And my child thinks I have it all together, and that I'm a fashionable, crafty, motivated teacher, cleaning machine and gourmet cook who can sing, play and dance like nobody's business. And THAT should be enough for me.