Tot Preschool: Letter Cc

Sweet P is 28.5 mos old

After not remembering half of what we did last week, I decided to write Letter C a bit earlier this week and hopefully get a jump on my Letter D post!

We generally have at least one thing to do in the morning (Mondays it's music class, Tuesdays it's my midwife appt, Wednesdays it's library time) so we do tot preschool as soon as breakfast is over. We were busy with activities this week! Letter C has a lot to offer.

Here's what we did last week:

Bible Verse: We are still on John 14:15. Changing it next week for letter E.
Jesus said, "If you love me, obey me." ~John 14:15

Activities:
Chrysalis activity: We have a tunnel in the basement so I had Sweet P crawl through the tunnel as a caterpillar onto a blanket. Once she was on the blanket, I told her I was wrapping her up in her chrysalis (which she thought was too funny) and then when I unwrapped her I said, "Oh! You turned into a butterfly!" and she flew around the room. I did it with her too (without crawling through the tunnel) and the Farmer even had a go when he got home. We learned about chrysalises in the book Butterfly Birthday.

Very Hungry Caterpillar Activity: See post for more details

Sticker dot C is for Caterpillar from COAH: We used bigger circle stickers for the C and then pompoms for the caterpillar. She's not usually in to pompom placement, but had fun doing medium-sized and small pompoms for the caterpillar body.

Handprint Cat: Like most kids, Sweet P loves getting her hands dirty. She had a fun time with cat. She glued on the shapes, then I drew a face and she stamped (with paint) her hands as whiskers.

C is for Cross: Another activity she did with the Farmer. I made this around Easter and still had it so she colored and then practiced cutting with her scissors on this page.

C collage: lots of C things this week and tons of stickers of C items. She loved the sparkly castle sticker and took it off of the collage several times throughout the week

Cat Cc dot page: from 1+1+1=1.

Cat coloring page: from a coloring book.

Caterpillar C: Sweet P loves caterpillars and went to town on her letter animal this week. I love how this one turned out.

COAH C is for Caterpillar magnet page: She did this with the Farmer and used a dry erase marker.

Tot Trays:
COAH caterpillar counting: These go through 20, but we just did 1-10.

COAH Cc Caterpillar Color Puzzles: There are several more colors of these and she had fun doing so many different colors.

Several weeks ago at the Farmer's Market, this was the Earn your PhB activity. We didn't have time for her to do it there so I stuck it in the bag for a letter C activity. The caterpillar had holes you stuck through a pencil. She colored each flower section a different color.

Boggle Spelling: I'd write a C word out on the dry erase board and she'd find the letters on the Boggle block. This was a good letter identification game.

Upstairs Shelves:
Caterpillar puzzle from Target $1 spot

Melissa & Doug car matching puzzle

Jingle Bells: We did more jingle bells this week and I added two pitchers for her to pour with. These were played with A LOT during C week.

Tow truck car puzzle from Michael's

Geo Pegboard: We did color matching and counting with her geo pegboard this week. She loved stacking them, which doesn't always like to do.

Books:
The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
Have You Seen My Cat? by Eric Carle
Clarabella's Teeth by An Vrombaut
Caterpillar Spring Butterfly Summer by Susan Hood
Cat Secrets by Jef Czekaj


Tot School