Holiday Mail for Heroes

I so wanted to post this earlier, but the post (and the week) got away from me. Mailing a Christmas Card to a serviceman was one of our Advent Actions early in the month and I really wanted to do this with Sweet P. We watched the video on the Holiday Mail for Heroes webpage and I tried my best to explain to a 2 year old what exactly someone in the military did without going to in-depth about war or their injuries. (See the bottom of this post for the deadline).

I had a pack of holiday cards so we set to decorating the inside.


I wrote a note in each one and then let her decorate with markers and stickers. She had a really good time and even tried to draw a Christmas tree.


You can still send Holiday Mail to Heroes! Letters must be postmarked by December 9th. Visit the Holiday Mail for Heroes website for more information on what/what not to include. These cards mean so much to the individuals who receive them.