Monster Crayon Roll


These were the original plan for party favors for Sweet P's birthday party, but Gammie's sewing machine was not working to my liking and this one ended up taking longer than I wanted it to so I finished this one for Sweet P and decided on something else for the kiddos. Actually I asked Sweet P if she'd rather have the crayon roll or what I ended up giving as the party favor and she picked the latter so all was well.

What's it made out of? Felt, of course!




For the front, I used 1/2 of a rectangle sheet of felt (the ones you buy at Hobby Lobby or Joann's) and folded it. I used it as a template to cut the orange piece for the back.

The eye is simply white and black felt sewn onto the green felt by hand.



I've always wanted to make a crayon roll so I was pretty excited when this project was complete! I keep it in the diaper bag and she's always excited to see it come out at restaurants, dr. offices, etc.

Inspiration for this project came from this post at Hideous Dreadful Stinky.